West Lake-Methodist Cemetery Association-Harbor View
Located on the north side of Lake Road, west side of Olcott: 2 acres, fair condition. Partial tombstone recording: D. Jerge, S. Bruni; few from DAR.
Located on the west side of Lockport-Olcott Road, opposite Lake View Street: 3½ acres, good condition. Partial reading by Sam Bruni; few DAR recordings. 1862 map in Map Book 12. Incorporated in 1916 as Lakeview Cemetery Association Inc., papers in file room in Register 2, pg. 53, File 1508.
Located on the west side of Hess Road, south of Charlottville: 1 acre, fair condition. Stones in poor condition. Early 1800 burials. Few DAR recordings; few recordings by D. Jerge.
Wright’s Corners Cemetery Association
Located on the west side of Ridge Road north of the interesection of Lockport-Olcott Road (Rte. 78 and Ridge): 7½ acres, good condition. Incorporated 1853 as Wright’s Corners Cemetery Association. Papers in file room in Register 1, pg. 3, file 15. Also see Misc. Records Register 7, pg. 252. Map Book 12, 1877. Misc. Record Book 3, pg. 487.
Wright’s Corners-New Section
Located on the east side of Rte. 104, across from #4.
Wright’s Corners-Old Section
Located on the east side of Rte. 104, near Wheeled Road. Moved in 1880s to present site.
Located on the northeast corner of Lockport-Olcott Road and Hatter Road: 8½ acres, good condition. GAR list, few DAR recordings, partial stones by Nancy Haseley. Records burned in 1931. Incorporated in 1907 as Corwin Cemetery Association. Papers in file room Register 1, pg. 378, file 947.
Saint Bridget’s Roman Catholic
Located on the east side of Ewings Road between Chestnut Road and Jacques Road; south of the church parking lot: 6 acres, poor condition. Recorded 1977 by Judd Heck.
Saint Charles Borromeo Roman Catholic
Located on Lockport-Olcott Road, north of Corwin: good condition. Land purchased 6 May 1949, TN 15, Section 14, Lot 4 Range. Tombstone reading: 1991, by Stacy Vermeulen, Girl Scout Troop #206 in April 1990.
Located on the north side of lake Road, west of Bible Conference, 100 yards off road in woods. See Deed Book A, pgs. 90-118. Area now owned by Bea. Seitz (pron. Sights). Charles Eckles or Mrs. Clogsons may own front part of cemetery. Few stones are standing and some bodies were removed to Olcott though their headstones remain. New plaque of burials, history, newspaper articles. Burials from 1818-1876.
Located east of Phillips Road and Keg Creek. No 8x10 photo, 5 small photos. Private family cemetery on private property. Stones have been reset in cement. Read by D. Jerge.
Located on the VanHorn mansion property north of Burt on the east side of Lockport-Olcott Road. Reinterred to Glenwood Section XVI, p. 81-82. Stone for Malinda STONE remains at the site.
Located on Beebe property on the east side of Coomer Road and the north side of Hopkins Creek. Jean Hayes has information.
Copyright, Clayton Betzing, 2002
Html by Deb
Graphics by Old Fashioned Clipart