NEGenWeb Project
Resource Center
On-Line Library

The History of Platte County Nebraska

Howard A. Clarke attended school in Bellevue and Omaha where he finished high school.

On December 5, 1899, he was married to Nelly Post, the daughter of Judge Alfred M. and Ella Munsell Post, who came to Columbus, December 25, 1876.

After their marriage they established their first home in Gretna, Nebraska, where Howard Clarke bought the Farmer and Merchant's Bank of which he was president for three years. He sold the Gretna bank in 1903, and that year became a stockholder and cashier of the Columbus State Bank. Around 1915 he also had an interest in the Platte County Bank at Platte Center and served as its president for several years. Mr. Clarke remained with the Columbus State Bank until February, 1931, and was prominent in civic affairs during that time.

From 1932-1937 he managed his citrus farm at Almano, Texas.

Gardening was his hobby. He was a member of the Masonic Lodge at Springfield, and the B.P.O.E.(Elks), at Columbus.

Howard A. and Nelly Post Clarke had a daughter, Elizabeth Sterling, the wife of Howard R. Turner of Lincoln, Nebraska, and two sons, Artemas, who died January 23, 1939, and Bruce Tefft Clarke. Howard Clarke died March 13, 1937.


Nickolas F. W. Classen, son of Mathias and Anna Giesragen Classen, was born February 16, 1875, in Madison County, Nebraska. Mathias Classen was a native of Germany, born in 1844, and first settled in Madison County, after immigrating to the United States. He came to Platte County in 1898, and remained there until his death in Humphrey, October 13, 1935. His wife, Anna, was born in Wisconsin, November 15, 1851, and died December 19, 1922, in Humphrey.

Nickolas Classen had six brothers and two sisters: Peter, George, Mathias, John, Bert, Robert, Nora, and Anna.

On May 23, 1900, Nickolas Classen married Mary Hastreiter, daughter of Joseph and Crescentia Kohar Hastreiter, in St. John's Church.

The Classens have six children: Anna, born in Madison County, March 16, 1901; Grace. born in Madison County, June 27, 1903; William, born in Boyd County, June 4, 1905, Alfred, born in Boyd County, August 3, 1909; Edwin, born in Humphrey, July 11, 1916, and Eileen, born in Humphrey, August 5, 1920. All are now married.

Mr. Classen has spent most of his life farming and is now retired. He is a member of the Sacred Heart Church of Cornlea.


Henry D. Clausen was born July 7, 1865, in Martfeld, Hanover, Germany, and died in Platte County, November. 1931. When he was fifteen, he immigrated to America and went directly to Havanna. Illinois, where he worked on various farms for a period of six years. Having saved enough from his earnings to visit his fatherland, he returned to Germany, for a six months' visit with his parents, in 1887.

Upon his return to America, he decided to go farther west than Illinois, this time settling in Iowa, where he was employed on a farm for three years. In 1891, he came to Nebraska, and located at Columbus. For a number of years he worked in this vicinity on various farms, and during this time he met Norina Behle, whom he married, November 17, 1898.

He purchased a small tract of land, and through years of thrift and industry, he increased his holdings to nearly a section of land. He was well known in Shell Creek Township, where for fifteen years prior to 1928, he served his community as Township Treasurer, and from 1929-1931, as Township Assessor.

Henry and Norina Behle Clausen had four sons: Albert, Otto, and Henry, Jr., of Columbus, and John, of Lindsay; and four daughters: Mrs. Henry Wacker, of Laurel, Mrs. Werner Muller, Mrs. *Theodore Matzen and Olive, of Columbus (handwritten note added to paragraph): Married M. G. Cattau and Irma, the granddaughter is Mrs. Ray/Raul? Pehrson..

The Clausens are members of the Immanuel Lutheran Church.

* Handwritten note - Dorthy Matzen daughter of Albert, a grandaughter of Henry C. (partly illegible)


C. D. Clother was born in Saratoga County, New York, October 9, 1809, and came to Columbus, Nebraska, in 1859. At the age of twenty-two, he married Anna Judd, in New York State. Mr. and Mrs. Clother had six children, four of whom were living in 1882: George W. lived in Columbus, where he was associated with his father; Freelove lived at Saratoga Springs; Asa J. was in the South; Columbia J. was with the Union Pacific Railroad; Ransom and Elizabeth, deceased. Ransom died from wounds received in the Civil War.

Anna Judd Clother died in 1849, and in 1851 C. D. Clother married Elixa Ewell, a native of Massachusetts. They came west, to Columbus, with Mr. Clother's son, George, in 1859. Mr. Clother worked at carpentry and joining until 1862, when he filed on a claim two miles west of Columbus, where he engaged in farming and stock raising for six years.

C. D. Clother was Sheriff of Platte County from 1867 to 1868. He moved in to Columbus in 1868, and built the hotel known as the Clother House, on the corner of Twelfth and Platte Streets, now Twelfth Street and Twenty-seventh Avenue. The hotel was opened in June, 1868, and still stands, but is listed now as the White Hotel.

C. D. Clother died in Columbus in August, 1885.


George W. Clother, son of C. D. and Anna Judd Clother, was born in Saratoga Springs, New York, July 19, 1838. He attended school in New York and came to Nebraska with his father in 1859, when he was twenty-one.

They crossed the Missouri on November 9, 1859,


and located at Columbus. George W. Clother was associated with his father in all of his business undertakings. He was in the lumber business in 1877, and part of 1878. He then became superintendent and assistant manager of the Clother House. During this time he was also engaged in the fur business. Since he was able to speak the language of the Indians, he carried on an extensive trade in furs and robes with them.

On October 16, 1871, George W. Clother married Hannah Matthews, in London, Canada West. Mr. and Mrs. George Clother had three children: Enor Blanch, George, Jr., and Echo May, who died in infancy.

The Clother House kept its original name until the early 1940's, when it was bought by Walter and Gilbert Behlen and the name changed to the White Hotel.


Daniel McGrath Condon, the son of John and Jane McGrath Condon, was born in Mitchell's Town, County Cork, Ireland, on March 11, 1836, and died in Columbus, Nebraska, in December, 1907. His parents were natives of Ireland and immigrated to Canada, where they died at Montreal.

In i861, Daniel Condon was married at Montreal, to Anne O'Conner. They came to Nebraska in February, 1869, and located at Columbus, in Platte County.

Daniel and Anne O'Conner Condon had five children: Jane, Catherine, Mary, Daniel, and Eugene, all of whom are now deceased.

Jane "Jennie" Condon was married to William Walker, a nephew of John Walker, of Walker Township. They had one daughter, Eva, who married Elmer Winey, a native of Hastings, Nebraska. The Wineys now live at Inglewood, California.

Mrs. Jennie Condon Walker, and Eugene Condon conducted the Condon Music Company in Columbus around 1907. They later moved to California where Mrs. Walker died in 1947 and Eugene Condon died in December, 1948.

Catherine Condon was married to James Hale. They lived at Kansas City, Missouri, where the Catherine Hale Home for the blind was named for her.

James and Catherine Condon Hale had six children: Arthur, Margaret, Helen, Katherine, Richard, and James. Arthur lives in Los Angeles, California. His wife is a descendant of the famous old Spanish family of Francisco Sepulveda, pioneers of Los Angeles.

Mary "Molly" Hale was married to a son of the Charles Beaton's family, who founded the Beaton Drug Company in Omaha. They had two children: Eunice and Harold Beaton.

For many years, Daniel McGrath Condon was in the construction business at Columbus, Nebraska. He was also a partner with his brothers in Omaha where they started the Condon Construction Company.

George Condon, of Omaha, a nephew of Daniel Condon, had several large construction contracts during World War II. The Condon Construction Company was associated with the Peter Kiewits Company on the west coast.

Daniel Condon was a member of the Ancient Order of Hibernians in Columbus. The Daniel Condon family were members of St. John's Catholic Church in the early days, and later of the St. Bonaventure Church. Mr. and Mrs. Condon died in Columbus and are buried there in the St. Bonaventure Cemetery.


Henry P. Coolidge, known to the pioneers of Columbus as "H. P." Coolidge, was born October 6, 1835, in Tazewell County, Illinois. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph W. Coolidge.

in June, 1846, his parents moved to Bellevue, Nebraska, staying there only three months. They then went to Council Bluffs, Iowa, and in the spring of 1848 settled in Mills County, Iowa, where Joseph W. Coolidge erected a saw and grist mill. In the fall of 1848, he bought a stock of goods. The family remained there until the fall of 1850, when the county seat of Mills County was located and laid out by a special act of the Iowa legislature. They then moved into Glenwood, where Joseph Coolidge became one of the stockholders of the Glenwood Townsite.

He died there January 13, 1871, and Mrs. Coolidge died in 1915

A brother of Henry P. Coolidge who also saw service in the Civil War, died shortly after the war ended, and his widow married Captain Luther North of Columbus.

On August 5, 1857, Henry Coolidge was married to Miss Theda M. Wheeler, on her sixteenth birthday anniversary. She was born at Flowerfield, Michigan, August 5, 1841, and went to Glenwood, Iowa, in 1856 to make her home with a sister, Mrs. Tubbs.

After their marriage Mr. and Mrs. Coolidge established their home in Glenwood. From 1859-1862 Mr. Coolidge engaged in mining in Colorado, returning to Glenwood in 1862. On June 16, 1863, he enlisted in Company "I", 8th Regiment, Iowa Cavalry as a private. His first assignment during the war was to guard the Northern Railroad from Nashville to Waverly, Tennessee. In 1863, Company "I", 8th Regiment went to Cleveland, Tennessee, where they engaged in continual fighting and skirmishes through Tennessee and Georgia. On their return to Nashville, they were commanded to guard Hood's movements at Muscle Shoals, on the Tennessee River, where they engaged in fierce fighting.

In September, 1865, he was mustered out at Macon, Georgia and received his final discharge at Clinton, Iowa. He then returned to Glenwood, where he rejoined his wife and sons.

Shortly after this, Mr. and Mrs. Henry P. Coolidge and their sons, Joseph W., Jr. and Harry, started in a prairie schooner for Nebraska. Their objective was the Pawnee Indian Reservation near Genoa, where Mrs. Coolidge's brother, D. H. Wheeler, was the government agent.

The History of Platte County Nebraska

In his youth, Henry P. Coolidge had learned the tinner's trade, and upon his arrival at Genoa taught his trade to the Pawnees. He remained there until the Spring of 1867, and then moved his family to Columbus, where he engaged in the hardware and implement business until February, 1875. He then worked at the tinsmith trade. Shortly after the Black Hills country was opened, H. P. Coolidge and his son, Harry, started a hardware store at Lead, South Dakota. Later his youngest son, "Bert," joined them.

When the Coolidge family came to Columbus in 1867, the "city" comprised a small group of homes south and east of the old court house square. Mr. Coolidge built the house now owned by Sol Levine on Eighth Street at Seventeenth Avenue in 1872.

During their years in Columbus, the Coolidges saw the little village grow into a thriving city and the prairies around the town develop into a prosperous agricultural community.

Henry P. and Theda Wheeler Coolidge had seven sons and one daughter. Two sons and the daughter died in infancy. Joseph W. died in 1918 while piloting his engine on the Union Pacific Railroad between Omaha and Columbus. Charley, who lived in South Dakota and Wyoming, died in California in the 1920's. Harry had a hardware store in Lead, and died there; he had one son, Bernard, and one daughter, Ethel. William lived at Rosalie, Nebraska, where he had a store on the Indian Reservation; he had two daughters, Theda and Ruth, and a son, William, Jr. Albert had two daughters, Charlotte and Elizabeth, both married, and a son, Albert, Jr., of Lead, South Dakota.

Henry P. and Theda Coolidge celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary in Columbus in 1907, when Mrs. Coolidge was sixty-six years old.

Mr. Coolidge joined the Masonic Order in Glenwood, Iowa, in 1856, and was a charter member of Lebanon Lodge 58 in Columbus. He was also a member of Knights of Honor Number 879.

Mrs. Henry P. Coolidge was a charter member of the Congregational Church in Columbus, which she assisted in organizing, and was the last member living of the original group. She was also a charter member of the Eastern Star, and the Woman's Relief Corps. During World War I, she knitted sweaters for the soldiers.

Mr. Coolidge died in September, 1918, at the hospital for Civil War Veterans at Hot Springs, South Dakota, and was buried there in the Soldiers' Cemetery.

Mrs. Coolidge died in 1922 in Columbus.


Joseph W. Coolidge was born in Glenwood, Iowa, August 3, 1858. He was the son of Henry P. and Theda Wheeler Coolidge, and the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph W. Coolidge. In 1865, his father, mother, brother Harry, and himself, went by covered wagon to the Pawnee Reservation near Genoa, where his uncle, D. H. Wheeler, was the government agent. From there they moved to Columbus in February, 1867.

Joseph W. Coolidge attended the old First Ward school during his boyhood. On July 6, 1879, he was married to Anna Pauline Bremer, daughter of Charles and Mary Becher Bremer. Anna Bremer Coolidge was born on Shell Creek December 25, 1859. Her father was one of the original thirteen who came to Columbus May 29, 1856. Her mother was a sister of Gus G. Becher, Francis Becher, Mrs. C. A. Spiece, and Mrs. Philip Metz who later was Mrs. Miller.

After their marriage, Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Coolidge lived for three years on the H. P. Coolidge farm near Monroe. During this time, their oldest son, Ralph, was born. They then moved to Plattsmouth, Nebraska, where J. W. Coolidge worked eight years for the Burlington Railroad. They returned to Columbus in 1890, and Mr. Coolidge entered the employ of the Union Pacific Railroad as engineer on a run out of Columbus.

Joseph W. and Anna Bremer Coolidge had four sons and one daughter: Ralph Henry, born in 1880, died in 1929; Edwin Bremer, of Great Falls, Montana; Roy, born in 1886, died in 1919; Lester, born in 1888, died in 1890; and Elizabeth, born in 1890, died in 1892.

Mrs. Coolidge died September 11, 1900, in Columbus. She was a member of the Grace Episcopal Church. On June 17, 1902, J. W. Coolidge married Grace Neath. They moved to Omaha, and later to Council Bluffs, Iowa. They had five daughters and two sons.

Mr. Coolidge was an engineer on the main line from Omaha to Columbus. He died December 17, 1919, while piloting his engine.


Ralph Henry Coolidge was born on a farm in Platte County near Monroe, Nebraska, March 18, 1880. He was the son of Joseph W. and Anna Bremer Coolidge. He was two years old when his parents moved to Plattsmouth, and resided there eight years, while his father worked for the Burlington Railroad. In 1890, his father entered the employ of the Union Pacific Railroad, and the family returned to Columbus.

Ralph Coolidge attended the Columbus schools, and on completing his junior year in high school enrolled in the University of Nebraska, where he took a course in architecture. He then entered the office of James Pearsall, Columbus architect, with whom he was associated until 1903, when he went to Lead, South Dakota, as a contractor and builder for the Home Stake Mining Company.

He was married in 1903 to Miss Louise Suzanne Haney, a former high school classmate, and the member of a pioneer Columbus family. Her mother was Ida Haney Schaad.

Mr. and Mrs. Coolidge lived in Lead two years, and then returned to Columbus, where Mr. Coolidge formed a partnership in the contracting and building business with John Brock. The partnership was dissolved in 1906.

On June 19, 1906, a tragic accident occurred when


Ralph Coolidge jumped on the side of his father's engine, as he had often done, to talk to him as his train was passing through Columbus. Somehow, he lost his hold and fell under the engine, suffering the loss of both legs below the knees. However, this did not affect his work. He had artificial limbs made and was able to drive his car in a short time.

He soon opened his office, and as a designer and builder he erected many business blocks and residences' in Columbus.

Ralph H. and Louise Haney Coolidge had three children: Pauline, wife of Ralph Huntsinger; David Orr Coolidge, born in 1910; and Gustavus Becher Coolidge, born November 11, 1911.

Ralph H. Coolidge died in September, 1929.


Edwin Bremer Coolidge was born June 17, 1884, at Plattsmouth, Nebraska, the son of Joseph W. and Anna Bremer Coolidge.. His father, born August 3, 1858, in Glenwood, Iowa, came to Platte County in 1865, and went to the Indian Reservation at Genoa until 1867. He was a railroad engineer, and died in 1919, on his train near Omaha, Nebraska, Edwin's maternal grandfather, Charles Bremer, was one of the thirteen, founders of Columbus. His paternal grandfather, H. P. Coolidge, was in the hardware business in Columbus, and was also a tinsmith. Edwin's mother, born December 25, 1859, in Bismark Township, died September 11, 1900, in Columbus.

Edwin had three brothers and one sister: Ralph H., an architect and contractor, was born in 1880, was married to Louise Haney, and died in 1929; Roy, born in 1886, a mining engineer, was married to Clara Schuster, and died in 1919; Lester, born in 1888, died in 1890; and Elizabeth, born in 1890, died in 1892.

"Ed" Coolidge attended the Columbus grade schools, was graduated from Columbus High School and from the South Dakota School of Mines at Rapid City, where he received his degree of Mining Engineer. The expenses for his four years of schooling amounted to seven hundred and three dollars, and Edwin started college with fifty-two dollars. To make up the deficit, he worked for his room and board and worked in the mines during the summer. In 1909, he arrived in Montana, with sixteen dollars and forty cents cash, and a three hundred sixty-five dollar debt. He worked for wages for three years and since 1912 has worked for himself. He has employed from ten to one hundred ten men since then, and has produced seven million dollars in gold, silver, oil and gas. He has been a competitor of the Standard Oil Company since 1920.

On December 25, 1907, in Rapid City, South Dakota, he married Destie Faye Overpeek, daughter of Lem and Emma Tyler Overpeek. Mr. Overpeek, a blacksmith and rancher, was born in 1846, in Wayland, New York, and died in Rapid City in 1933. Mrs. Overpeek, born in Naples, New York, died in 1930. Destie Faye had two brothers: Tyler, who is in the Building, Loan and Insurance business; and Real, who was a mining engineer, and died in Tucson, Arizona.

Mr. and Mrs. E. B. Coolidge have three children: Mina Francis, Destie Bremer, and Edwin Don. All of them were born in Montana, and attended Stella Woods Kindergarten. Mina and Destie went to the National Park Seminary, and Edwin Don attended the Colorado School of Mines, and is Superintendent of pipe lines for the Coolidge Oil Company. All three children are married. Destie has two sons and Edwin Don has two sons.

Edwin Bremer Coolidge was formerly engaged in gold mining. His hobbies are basketball, baseball, football, hunting and fishing. He is a member of the Masons, the Kiwanis, and the Big Parade and politically, is an Independent.

Mr. Coolidge is a member of the Episcopal Church, and now lives in Great Falls, Montana.


Forrest Loren Corn, son of L. L. and Grace Bennett Corn, was born at Norcatur, Kansas, August 28, 1912.

L. L. Corn, born at Humboldt, Nebraska, October 20, 1883, was a mail carrier. He died at Verdun, Nebraska, in October, 1933. Mrs. Corn was born at Falls City, Nebraska.

Forrest Corn has two brothers: Keith is married to Cleo Crook; and Harold is married to Mary Ann Henggeler.

Forrest is a graduate of the Verdun High School and the Peru State Teachers College, at Peru, Nebraska. For ten years he was instrumental music instructor in Nebraska high schools, including Kramer High School, in Columbus. During World War II, he was employed as an assistant chief inspector at the Grand Island Ordnance Plant, in Grand Island, Nebraska.

On August 8, 1937, at Lincoln, Nebraska, he married Marjorie Hatten, daughter of C. R. and Faith Harris Hatten. Mr. and Mrs. Corn have one daughter, Margaret Elizabeth, born October 30, 1941, and one son, William Hatten, born October 11, 1947.

Mr. Corn returned to Columbus in the fall of 1945, and opened the Columbus Music Company, at 2313 Thirteenth Street.

He is active in local music circles; a member of the Board of the Friends of Music; director of the Columbus City Band, and has been director of the Federated Church choir for three years.

Mr. Corn is a member of the B.P.O.E., the Lions Club, the Columbus Chamber of Commerce, and the Wayside Country Club. Politically, he is a Republican.

The Corns are members of the Federated Church, in Columbus.


Martin J. Costello, born in County Galway, Ireland, April 12, 1856, came to Utica, New York, with his parents, at the age of twelve. A few years later, the Costello family moved to Sterling, Illinois, and it was there that Martin, as a young man, began railroading.

The History of Platte County Nebraska

His first work was as waterboy for a North Western line track crew, at Galt, Illinois, a small village near Sterling. A. L. Mohler, later a president of the Union Pacific Railroad, was station agent for the North Western, at Gait, at that time, and a close friendship was formed between them.

In 1878, Mr. Costello came to Columbus as construction foreman, in charge of the laying of the branch lines north and west of Columbus. In the years that ensued, he was yard foreman at Columbus, and also supervised track construction throughout practically all of the Nebraska Division. There is little track on the division the laying or relaying of which he did not at some time supervise. He was rated as one of the best-known and best liked men on the system, due to his genial friendliness. He was retired in March, 1920 after forty-two years of service, and died in Columbus, in September, 1926.

On October 5, 1884, Martin J. Costello and Alice Caffrey, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Caffrey, Sr., were married at St. John's Catholic Church, in Columbus.

Mr. and Mrs. Costello had seven children, three sons and four daughters, who were born in Columbus and attended school here. All of the sons followed their father in the service of the Union Pacific Railroad. John, the eldest, was an engineer on the main line out of Omaha, for several years. Martin, Jr. was a conductor on the Western Division out of Rawlins, Wyoming. John and Martin, Jr. are deceased. Frank Costello and his family live in Omaha, where he has served as a brakeman and engineer for the Union Pacific Railroad. Catherine is married to Otto Merz, Jr., of Columbus. Grace is Mrs.. E. P. Lee, whose husband is employed by Union Pacific, at Council Bluffs, Iowa. Anne is Mrs. William Mullen, of Grand Island, Nebraska, where Mr. Mullen is an attorney. Alyce is Mrs. Lumir Svoboda, of San Francisco, California.

Mr. and Mrs. Martin J. Costello were members of St. Bonaventure's Church.


Albert Marion Covert was born in Franklin County, Indiana, November 11, 1855. In 1883, he came to Columbus, where he engaged in the grocery business. Later, he was employed for several years by the Union Pacific Railroad Company.

On November 24, 1887, in. Columbus, he married Nell Naylor, the daughter of James and Nancy Naylor. Mrs. Covert lived on the farm east of Duncan, with her parents, until 1885, when she went to Rochester, New York, to visit her father's family. While there, she learned the milliner trade.

After their marriage, Mr. and Mrs. Covert established their home in Columbus. They had two daughters, Velma and Clara. Both were graduated from Columbus High School and Kearney State Teachers College, at Kearney, Nebraska, and followed the teaching profession. Velma is Mrs. Arthur P. Wilson, of Columbus.

Clara married LeRoy F. Neumann, son of Rose and Hugo Neumann, of Center, Nebraska, on July 5, 1919

They have two children, John and Ellen Joyce. John Covert Neumann was born in Columbus, March 1, 1921. He was graduated from the Fremont High School and the University of Nebraska, and served in the United States Navy for three years, during World War II. Ellen Joyce was born in North Bend, Nebraska, on October 13, 1925. She was also graduated from Fremont High School and the University of Nebraska. She spent two years after high school at MacMurray's College, in Jacksonville, Illinois.


Louis J. Cramer

In 1901, Albert Covert was injured in an accident. At that time, Mrs. Covert became manager of the ready-to-wear department in Gray's Store. She remained there for ten years, and in 1911, she established the Specialty Shop, which she operated for twenty years. She was a member of the Business and Professional Women's Club, and socially, was identified with the Reading Kensington Club. She was a Presbyterian and a member of the Federated Church in Columbus. Mrs. Covert died on April 19, 1939, and Albert Marion Covert died in January, 1949.


Mary Weaver Cramer, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Weaver, was born in Columbus, Ohio, February 24, 1856. Her father came to Columbus, Nebraska, in the spring of 1857, and a year later was joined by his wife and three daughters, Louisa, Betty and Mary.

Mary Weaver attended the Columbus schools, and was married on June 18, 1885, to Professor L. J. Cramer, who came to Columbus in 1877, as a teacher. He was a native of Ohio, born at Tiffin, in Seneca County, on December 7, in the early 1850's. At the age of sixteen, he entered Heidelberg College, at Tiffin, where he was graduated in 1869, and later. received his degree of Master of Science. He entered the engineering field and worked for three years as an engineer, before changing to the field of education. He located in Columbus in 1877, and served as the first principal of the Columbus High School, then an academy, located on Ninth Street and Twenty-second Avenue, in the First Congregational Church building. While in Columbus, he served as City Superintendent, and later as County Superintendent.

After leaving Columbus, the Cramers lived for a brief time in Montrose, Colorado. From there, they

Prior Page
Table of Contents
Next page

© 2005 for the NEGenWeb Project by Ted & Carole Miller